Qualifications: AAT or Part-qualified ACCA, QBE considered
Salary: £20k/£25k plus company pension scheme
Hours: 37.5 hours/week Mon – Fri 9:00-17:30 with 1 hour lunch (flex-time available)
Annual Leave: 25 days (3/4 reserved for X-mas closure)
Location: M22 4NN (Northenden)
We have an exciting opportunity for an accounts senior to join our busy team. As with all our roles, a genuine desire to help our clients is the most important attribute that you must have.
About Nabarro Poole Ltd.
We have been helping SME businesses for over 20 years and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for tax, financial forecasting and supporting business owners. We work closely with our SME clients to give them peace of mind that their tax and accounts are fully compliant and tax efficient.
Our past and future success depends on taking care of our clients and giving them an impeccable level of service. We know that we need a healthy, happy workforce to achieve these goals.
Duties and Objectives
1. Produce management accounts to trial balance using Xero, QuickBooks Online, ReceiptBank and manual records.
2. Liaise with SME business owner to collect information and work with them to ensure accuracy in their records.
3. Prepare simple accounts for sole traders ready for personal tax return.
4. Prepare VAT returns
You will have worked in practice before and have some experience in working with multiple clients and understand the demands of working in practice.
You will have experience with bookkeeping software. Xero and QuickBooks Online preferred, but Sage Line 50, QuickBooks Desktop, TAS Books all useful.
You will have experience dealing with multiple stakeholders – clients, colleagues and HMRC.
1. You will be an excellent communicator – both verbally and written.
2. You will communicate directly with the clients to ensure accuracy and understanding.
3. You will communicate well with your colleagues to ensure efficiency and client satisfaction.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- You will have a strong knowledge of online (preferred) bookkeeping systems such as QuickBooks Online and Xero, but desktop systems are similar.
- You will have a strong understanding of double entry bookkeeping and chart of accounts set up
- You will have strong problem-solving skills. Our clients are not accountants and make mistakes. You need to be able to identify those mistakes. Training on how to rectify them will be given.
- You will have a basic knowledge of VAT. Full training will be given on schemes and exceptions, but what can and can’t be claimed should be known.
- You will have experience using Microsoft Excel including basic formulas like VLOOKUP, SUMIF and a knowledge of Pivot Tables.
- You will be friendly and helpful to our clients and your colleagues.
- You will be able to plan your own work and support your colleagues with their work and ask for help, when required.
- You will understand that we are a small team and all need to support each other to be successful.
- You will have a strong desire to continue improving and learning.
An amazing opportunity
We are a great company to work for. We appreciate our staff and believe that maintaining a positive work/life balance is very important. Our clients are small business owners that really value our help. Your colleagues are friendly and supportive. There is a lovely office dog. What else can I say?
If you feel that you are suited to this role and would like to join us, please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tyler Lappage – Owner + Director