Qualifications: ACCA or ACA preferred, QBE considered
Salary: £35k pro-rata (based on 37.5 hour week) plus company pension scheme
Hours: 25-37.5 hours/week flexible working
Annual Leave: 25 days (3/4 reserved for X-mas closure)
Location: Northenden, M22 4NN
We have an exciting opportunity for a practice accountant to join our busy team. As with all our roles, a genuine desire to help our clients is the most important attribute that you must have.
About Nabarro Poole Ltd.
We have been helping SME businesses for over 20 years and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for tax, financial forecasting and supporting business owners. We work closely with our SME clients to give them peace of mind that their tax and accounts are fully compliant and tax efficient.
Our past and future success depends on taking care of our clients and giving them an impeccable level of service. We know that we need a healthy, happy workforce to achieve these goals.
Duties and Objectives
- Production of annual statutory accounts
- Preparation of corporation tax returns
- Preparation of personal tax returns
You will have worked in practice before and have 3+ years experience in preparing statutory accounts and tax returns.
You will have the advantage of working with the business founder for 6-12 months and will benefit from mentoring and training.
- You will be an excellent communicator – both verbally and written.
- You will communicate directly with the clients to ensure accuracy and understanding.
- You will communicate well with your colleagues to ensure efficiency and client satisfaction.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- You will have experience using accounts production software. We use BTC Practice Manager, but experience with CCH, Digita, Iris are all acceptable.
- You will have experience using a similar product for corporation and personal tax returns.
- You will have both a high level of tax knowledge AND the ability to find the answers that you don’t know using HMRC guidance, 3rd party expertise and teamwork.
- You will have an ability to follow processes, but also to highlight inefficiencies in current processes and the ability to create new processes to support your colleagues.
- You will have problem solving skills. Clients are not finance experts and make mistakes. We need to be able to anticipate and identify those mistakes and correct them. Training and support will be given.
- You will have experience using computers. We use Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Xero and QuickBooks Online. Training on specific software will be given, but a base knowledge and a desire to learn is essential.
- You will be friendly and helpful to our clients and your colleagues.
- You will be able to plan your own work and support your colleagues with their work and ask for help, when required.
An amazing opportunity
We are a great company to work for. We appreciate our staff and believe that maintaining a positive work/life balance is very important. Our clients are small business owners that really value our help. Your colleagues are friendly and supportive. There is a lovely office dog. What else can I say?
If you feel that you are suited to this role and would like to join us, please send CVs to email@example.com.
Tyler Lappage – Owner + Director