As mentioned, the portal for claiming grants for your furloughed employees is up and running now. We have completed some for our clients and some of our clients have completed this themselves and the feedback is that the portal is easy to navigate and straight forward – that said, if you get stuck with anything, we are here to help.
To complete the process, you will need:
- About 20-25 minutes
- Your Gov’t Gateway login (with PAYE online added to the account) *
- The corporation tax reference (UTR) for the company – personal UTR if there isn’t a LTD. company
- The full names and NI numbers of all furloughed staff
- The period of the claim – for most, this will be part of March and all of April
- The amount you are claiming = total gross pay (80%) and the amount of Employer’s NI and Employer’s pension contribution attached to that gross pay **
- The bank account that you would like the grant paid in to
*NOTE: this was a curveball thrown in by HMRC about 10-15 days ago – originally, it wasn’t a necessity. If you haven’t got access to PAYE online, you can add it to your existing government gateway.
**NOTE: if we do your payroll, we can run the April pay for you, and give you the numbers you need. If we don’t run your payroll, you can use the HMRC calculator
Money should be paid in to your chosen bank account within 6 working days – so hopefully before 30th April – which is the most popular pay date for staff.
Moving forward, you can make a future claim within 14 days of the next payroll date. This can be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
As always, if you have any questions – please do not hesitate to contact us – whether you are a client or not. We’re here working to support you all. Call us on 0161 998 4276.
Image courtesy of HMRC